Here is a simple wind gauge for use in breezes.
It will indicate direction and relative speeds.
Use the wind gauge to find out where the wind blows strongest.
Compare gauge readings.
Do obstacles affect wind speeds and direction?
Left side toward direction wind is blowing from.
Bottom parallel to ground.
- Print out the pattern using your Internet browser software.
- Trace the pattern onto cardboard.
- Cut out the light cardboard wind gauge.
- Tie thread or string in hole.
- Move gauge until thread is blowing the same way edge furthest
from the string is pointing. This indicates wind direction. Keep
pointing the gauge in that direction.
- Where the thread points along arc indicates a relative velocity.
Make marks with a pen along the arc to show how hard the wind